LeaveBoard adjusts to various company absence policies. Moreover, the HR software can handle policies across multiple geographies besides, employees with different contractual time-off entitlements. Find below the steps you need to perform to be able to manage the number of days of allowance per employee:
How to perform this step:
- From the Menu, select Employees.
- Select the Employee where you would like to edit the allowance.
- From the Allowances tab, you can add additional days of PTO or Vacancy for a specific employee.
- By clicking on the Setup icon.
- In the popup that you will have, there are two tabs: "2021 allowance" and "Employee allowance". The difference between these two options is the following:
- The ‘Employee allowance’ tab means the general yearly accrual allowance (the amount that the employee will receive at the beginning of each fiscal year). This is usually personalized when the employee is onboarded in the system. If an employee gets every year an additional day for seniority or because of contractual agreements, compared to the general policy standard, here is the place to modify it.
- The ‘2021 Allowance’ tab – is the amount available as of today. Depending on when the employee is added to the platform, this number is practically calculated as following: Yearly employee allowance - time-off days took - adjustments + carry overs from the previous year.
- Once you finished the employee allowance personalization, click Update.
By now, if an employee worked during the weekends or extra hours, you know how to adjust the yearly entitlement days. The changes will be automatically reflected in the reports and balances, making the tracking of time-off for any employee super easy.
The title of the page could have been different. Here are some additional headings to help HR managers to find what they are looking for: Adjust time-off, Amending leaves, Edit entitlement, or Modifying allowances.