What is Employee self-service (ESS)?
Employee self-service, in short ESS, is a convenient feature offered by most modern HRIS. LeaveBoard makes no exception, so make sure you improve your employee’s work-life by using ESS.
A self-service platform is a software that is accessible to all employees, not only HR professionals, and is of great help in a lot of job-related tasks. Employees can access leave information or even update their professional data.
And if you’re not sure what ESS stands for? ESS is the abbreviation for Employee Self-Service.
What is Employee Self-Service used for?
Modern EES software allows staff members to:
- book time-off (by submitting requests to the manager in charge of the approval)
- view and update their personal information - such as name, team, manager, working hours, phone number, etc. -all these in their profile
- check the online holiday planner
- access the shared team calendar
- and much more.
How to introduce ESS to the staff?
Even though our employee self-service is easy to use, you cannot expect your employees to be trained in handling new technology. Employees should be trained to use the platform as part of the onboarding process of each company. The HR staff and managers need to make sure employees are comfortable with the ESS and answer all their questions when needed.
Making employee self-service work should be a goal for your organization, but to achieve it, more than one department has to implement it. HR managers and managers from other departments must collaborate to make employee usage as common and widespread as possible.
What is an ESS HR app?
An ESS HR app allows your employees to check their time-off balance or the next public holiday from their mobile devices, anytime, and from anywhere. Our HR app is intuitive and has a responsive design, so everyone will love it. No download is needed and employees can also use it as a web app, by accessing it directly from a browser.
What are the advantages of Employee Self-Service tools?
We truly believe that LeaveBoard’s EES has many benefits. Let’s check them out:
- a visible increase in productivity and efficiency
- a reduced admin time, due to fewer questions regarding time-off requests, benefits entitlement, or scheduling issues. If repetitive tasks will be eliminated, the HR department will be able to see the bigger picture
- accelerated HR operations
- more employee empowerment
- reduced risk of human error, when it comes to data entries
- reduced risk of inaccurate data when it comes to the personal information because employees are the ones in charge of completing it
- improving employee satisfaction and engagement.
The human resource information system (HRIS) or human resource management system (HRMS) industry is evolving every day and efficiency and productivity are a target for every organization. Employee Self-Service is one of the tools to use for reaching high-level productivity among staff.