What is Employee self-service (ESS)?
Employee self-service, also known as ESS is a convenient feature offered by most modern HRIS. LeaveBoard makes no exception, so make sure you improve your employee’s work-life with ESS.
A self-service platform is part of a software that will be accessible to all employees, not only HR professionals and will be of great help in a lot of job-related tasks. They should be able to access leave information or even update their personal data.
And if you’re not sure what ESS stands for? ESS is the abbreviation for Employee Self Service.
What is the Employee Self Service used for?
A modern EES software allows staff members to:
- book their time-off (by submitting requests to the manager in charge of the approval)
- view and update their personal information - such as name, team, manager, working hours, phone number, etc. -all this in their individual profile
- check the online holiday planner
- access the shared team calendar
- and much more.
How to introduce ESS to staff?
Even though our employee self-service is easy to use, you cannot expect your employees to be trained in handling new technology. Employees should be trained to use the platform as part of the onboarding process of every company. The HR staff and managers need to make sure employees are comfortable with the ESS and answer all their questions when needed.
Making employee self-service work should be a goal for your organization, but in order to achieve it, more than one department has to implement it. HR managers and managers from all the other departments must collaborate to make employee usage as common and widespread as possible.
What is an ESS HR app?
An ESS HR app allows your employee to check their time-off balance or the next public holiday from their mobile device, anytime, and anywhere. Our HR app is intuitive, has a responsive design, so everyone will love it. No download is needed and employees can also use it as a web app, by accessing it directly from their browser.
What are the advantages of Employee Self-Service tools?
We truly believe that LeaveBoard’s EES is full of benefits. Let’s check them out:
- a visible increase in productivity and efficiency
- a reduced admin time, due to fewer questions regarding time-off requests, benefits entitlement or scheduling issues. The HR department will be able to see the bigger picture if repetitive tasks will be eliminated
- accelerating HR operations
- more employee empowerment
- eliminating the risk of human error to a minimum, when it comes to data entry
- eliminating the risk of inaccurate data when it comes to personal information since employees are the ones in charge of completing it
- improving employee satisfaction and engagement.
The human resource information system (HRIS) or human resource management system (HRMS) industry is evolving every day and efficiency and productivity is a target for every organization. Employee Self-service is one of the tools to use for reaching a high-level productivity among staff.