Once an employee submits a leave request, an automatic email is being sent to your line manager for approval. However, it happens that you might want your HR manager, office manager or accountant to be aware of this change, and also receive an email notification about this leave of absence. As an administrator, you can set up multiple email notification flows.
To add an custom email notification workflow within LeaveBoard, please follow these instructions:
- Step 1. From the Company menu click on Notification rules.
- Step 2. Click on the [+ Add notification rule] button.
- Step 3. Personalize the four fields (rule name, how does it apply, when is used, and to whom to send the email?) according to your needs.
- Step 4. Click on [Add Notification rule button].
The fields that you need to personalize are:
- What is the name of this notification rule?You can be creative here. Differentiate this rule from others that you want to add. i.e. Dual email WFH, or Automatic payroll notification for sick leave.
- How is the notification rule applied? With a simple toggle you can switch from applying this notification for all the leave requests within your company, or only for a specific one, i.e. Work from home.
- When the notification rule is triggered? Need more control, you have four options that you can select to trigger this email notification - lever request registered / cancelled / approved / rejected. You can choose only a one, or all four of them.
- Who are the subscribers? In other words, who will receive the email notification, or who are the recipients. You can add yourself or your payroll coordinator, or both. You can change or add more recipients if needed later on.
Note: You can add multiple notification rules. One for Vacation refused, another for Sick leave cancelled, as there is no limit on these rules.
For each notification, once the rule is triggered the subscribed person/s will be receiving an email message instantly.
And if such a notification rule is being added by mistake, you can edit it at any time by clicking on the settings lever, or removing it by clicking on the trash icon.