Booking time-off with LeaveBoard is super simple.
From the Dashboard, in the Book time off card, you need to take the following steps:
- Select the Leave type.
- Select the Duration. It can be One day, a Range, or a Half day.
- Select the Date/s. Once you add more days, you have a highlight on the number of days you selected.
- Add a Comment for your manager.
- Instantly you have a calculation of your allowance before and after your request is approved. Additionally, the system provides the overlaps with the other leaves booked in the same period.
- Click book time off.
With every request submitted by the employees, the system facilitates various automations:
- One instant notification is sent by email to your manager with your request.
- Will notify you in real time when your manager approves your request by email.
- It calculates the requested days, excluding weekends and public holidays.
- It shows overlapping colleagues absent at the same time.
- It validates the leave rules set up within the company.
- Once submitted your balance, the team vacation calendars and the company reports will be updated.
FAQ How to edit a leave request?
If you made an error, or you would like to amend your request, you can only cancel it and request a new one. You can't delete requests from the past. You will have to ask your Administrator to cancel it for you. When I book an interval containing a weekend or a public holiday, is the vacation allowance reduced?
No, when you book a more extended vacation period, and in the interval, you have a bank holiday, a weekend, or both, they are disregarded, and only the working days count. Will the time off requested will be automatically added to my Outlook Calendar/Google Calendar?
Yes, please check our related page on integrating with Office 365 / Google Calendar Can I book hours instead of days?
No. At this moment, the leave management system works with minimum increments of half days.