Free PTO Tracker features
Our PTO Tracker is a time-saving and easy to use Excel spreadsheet. Personalize it according to your company’s PTO policy and add important data such as the company’s name and employee identification data, public holidays in your region, company-related holidays, and PTO types.
Here’re the most important features of our free PTO tracking solution:
- Covers vacations, public holidays, maternity and sick leave, and other types of PTO
- Compact calendar for 2020 with US holidays
- Changeable calendar so you can reuse the PTO Tracker template next year
- Customizable public holidays
- Customizable PTO types
- Automatic computations for each PTO type
- Easy to add employees and visualize their situations
How to use our free PTO Tracker
An Excel-based PTO Tracker needs to be light and easy to use. As a result, we avoid adding unnecessary information and deliver a neat solution that saves you time and energy. Check out the following steps to configure your PTO Tracker and start using it.
- Download the free PTO Tracker and rename it to match your organization’s standards.
- Go to Holidays worksheet and introduce your region’s public holidays and your company’s special holidays.
- Also in the Holidays worksheet, introduce the calendar for the current year.
- Go to Legend worksheet and define your PTO types.
- Return to the Calendar worksheet and add your employees and a brand new calendar for each of them.
- The calendar uses the formula “IF(COUNTIF(Holidays!$A$5:$A$15, Holidays!H7)>0, "H", Holidays!H7)” to automatically add the holidays from Holidays worksheet to each employee’s calendar.
- Use your custom legend to update the 2020 calendar for each employee.
That’s it! You’re ready to manage vacations and special leaves for all employees.
Tip: If you work with employees from different countries or with different PTO policies, just add all holidays and PTO types in the Holidays and Legend worksheets.
Download the Free PTO and Vacation tracker Excel Template