"The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vidal Sassoon
Success is the result of hard work. It doesn't come quickly or without effort.
"Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do." - Pele
Success is a deliberate effort, requiring dedication, learning, and a passion for your work.
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." - Tim Notke
Talent alone is not enough. Without hard work, even the most talented individuals can fall short.
"The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand." - Vince Lombardi
Meaning: Success requires commitment, determination, and giving your best effort to your work.
"Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds." - Gordon B. Hinckley
Without effort and diligence, it's challenging to achieve meaningful outcomes.
"Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise." - Frank Ocean
Let your achievements speak for themselves.
"Success isn't always about greatness. It's about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come." - Dwayne Johnson
Success is about persistence and consistent effort, not just about being the best.
"Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going." - Sam Levenson
Just as time keeps moving, so should you in your endeavors.
"The harder you work for something, the greater you'll feel when you achieve it." - Anonymous
The satisfaction from achieving a goal is proportional to the effort you've put into it.
"Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle." - Christian D. Larson
Self-belief and hard work can help you overcome any challenge.
"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going." - Beverly Sills
Worthwhile goals require time and effort.
"Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did." - Newt Gingrich
Persistence is the continuous effort you put in, even when you're exhausted from prior hard work.
"Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them." - Ann Landers
Opportunities often require effort and hard work, which is why many people might overlook them.
"Hard work without talent is a shame, but talent without hard work is a tragedy." - Robert Half
Talent needs to be coupled with hard work to reach its full potential.
"I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it." - Thomas Jefferson
"Luck" often comes to those who put in the effort and hard work.
We've selected these quotes to inspire you to work hard and remain dedicated to your goals. Hard work is a crucial ingredient for success in any endeavor. It's the driving force behind achievement, growth, and progress. Now let's see some additional quotes as the topic is very relevant to any business, startup, entrepreneur, manager or leader.
Quotes about hard work and success
1. "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going." - Beverly Sills
2. "Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing." - Pele
3. "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard." - Tim Notke
4. "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” - Thomas Edison
5. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
6. “Hard work keeps the wrinkles out of the mind and spirit.” - Helena Rubinstein
7. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” - Robert Collier
8. “Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don’t turn up at all.” - Sam Ewing
9. “Working hard is important, but there's something that matters even more: Believing in yourself.” – Harry Potter
10. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” - Vidal Sassoon
11. “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” - Colin R. Davis
12. "Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves." - Dale Carnegie
13. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
14. “You can't substitute hard work for talent.” – Steve Young
15. “The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price.” – Vince Lombardi
Quotes about hard work and persistence
1. “Persistent people begin their success where others end in failure.” - Edward Eggleston
2. “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” - Albert Einstein
3. “The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.” - Marvin Phillips
4. “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.” - Jack Ma
5. “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success” – Napoleon Hill
6. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”- Thomas Edison
7. “Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts.” – Albert Einstein
8. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes but don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
9. “Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.” – Napoleon Hill
10. “Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement.” - Marv Levy
11. “Never give up. Failure and rejection are only the first step to succeeding.” – Jim Valvano
12. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” – Mary Anne Radmacher
13. “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
14. “Never letting the competition define you. Your imagination defines you.” – Marva Collins
15. “In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
Quotes about hard work and motivation
1. “The best motivation is self-motivation. The guy says, "I wish someone would come by and turn me on." What if they don't show up? You've got to have a better plan for your life.” - Jim Rohn
2. “Without labor nothing prospers.” - Sophocles
3. “If you are willing to do more than you are paid to do, eventually you will be paid to do more than you do.” - Anonymous
4. “Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.” - Aristotle
5. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill
6. “The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” - Barack Obama
7. “The pain of discipline is far less than the pain of regret.” - Unknown
8. "If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work." - Thomas J. Watson
9. “If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.” - Thomas A. Edison
10. “Everybody is talented because everybody who is human has something to express.” - Brenda Ueland
11. “Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” - Mario Andretti
12. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” - Confucius
13. “The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking.” - Robert H Schuller
14. “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the BS story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.” - Jordan Belfort
15. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” - Jim Ryun
Quotes about hard work and discipline
1. “Discipline is doing what needs to be done, even if you don’t want to do it.” - Oprah Winfrey
2. “Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.” - Abraham Lincoln
3. “We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment.” - Jim Rohn
4. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” - Jim Rohn
5. “Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable, procures success to the weak, and esteem to all.” - George Washington
6. “If you have discipline, drive, and dedication, you can do anything.” - Raheem Sterling
7. “Discipline separates the successful from the dreamers.” - Shane Snow
8. "Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability." - Roy L. Smith
9. “No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.” - Hebrews 12:11
10. “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” - Jim Rohn
11. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” – Jim Rohn
12. “There's no talent here, this is hard work. This is an obsession.” - Serena Williams
13. “Motivation gets you going, discipline keeps you growing.” - Zig Ziglar
14. “Discipline is doing what you really don't want to do so you can do what you really want to do.” - John Maxwell
15. “The more discipline you have, the more freedom you have.” - Grant Cardone
Quotes About Doing Hard Things
1. “Do hard things because they make you grow.” – Chauncey DeVega
2. "Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves." - Dale Carnegie
3. “Do something hard today. Something that moves you. Something that's real. Something that pushes you to the edge of your ability. Do something hard today because easy won't change you.” - Jon Gordon
4. “If you want to be great at something, be prepared to do the hard work it takes to get there. Because the hard work won't go away, ever.” – Derek Jeter
5. “The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.” –
6. "Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves." - Dale Carnegie
7. "Believe you can and you're halfway there." - Theodore Roosevelt
8. "When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor." - Elon Musk
9. "Don't wish it were easier. Wish you were better." - Jim Rohn
10. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
11. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
12. “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.” - Fred DeVito
13. “Don’t wish for less problems. Wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenges. Wish for more wisdom.” ― Jim Rohn
14. “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
15. “It’s supposed to be hard. If it were easy, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.” - Tom Hanks
The key message is that we grow the most when we push ourselves outside our comfort zone and do hard things. Hard things build character, skills, and wisdom. We should actively seek challenges that require disciplined effort to overcome. We reach our greatest potential through the hard work of overcoming difficulties.