Personalize your weekly planner
Some weekly planners can be arranged in 5 working days of the week, others with 7 weekdays and weekends included. Some professionals prefer the week to start on Monday, others on Sunday.
Based on your preferences, you might use a horizontal version, such as the one you can download free of charge from this page, or go with a vertical version that has the days of the month arranged in two columns.
Be creative. Each template will have its look and feel. Some might have a minimalistic layout and light colors, while others are a bit more clunky and have many nice elements; however, you will not use them consistently.
Here are the elements of a weekly planner to customize your template:
- Weekly calendar view: A visual representation of the week, with each day broken down into time slots, allows you to see your schedule at a glance and plan your time accordingly.
- Goals and priorities: Listing your goals and priorities for the week helps you stay focused on what's important and ensures that you allocate your time and resources effectively.
- Task list: Creating a list of tasks for the week, organized by priority, helps you track your progress and ensure that you are working on what's most important.
- Appointments and meetings: Recording your appointments and meetings in the planner helps you manage your time, plan your day, and avoid double-booking.
- Deadlines: Setting deadlines for important tasks and projects helps you stay on track and finish your work on time.
- Reminders: Setting reminders for important tasks, events, or appointments helps you stay organized and avoid missing anything crucial.
- Notes and reflections: Including space for notes and reflections allows you to track your thoughts, ideas, and observations throughout the week. This can help you assess your progress, identify areas for improvement, and maintain a growth mindset.
- Personal time: Scheduling personal time for self-care, hobbies, and relaxation is crucial for maintaining a healthy work-life balance and preventing burnout.
It might seem like a lot; however, you don't need to have all of them. Each week is different and will have different goals, tasks, and assignments. Some weekends will be busier, while others will be more relaxed. One thing is for sure: by incorporating these elements, a weekly planner can help you stay organized, improve your time management skills, and ultimately enhance overall productivity and well-being.
A quick tip: If you're a fan of printable planners, and you like to use your pen to review your day, maybe you should buy a journal with 52 weeks or 365 days where you can have all your ideas saved, and the information will not be lost.
The Weekly Planner Printable Template
Our weekly printable planner is simple and showcases your schedule hourly; for each day of the week, you can add your tasks, goals, and assignments. The file is available in Word and PDF format and can be opened in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The planner template is editable, easy to amend, and customized according to your needs. The file is available to download in a blank, horizontal layout and printed in letter or A4 format.
Download the weekly planner Word
Download the weekly planner PDF