The HR department can receive requests from employees, managers, business partners, and people looking for a job. A request may address questions about the company's policies and procedures, notifications about changes in a department, employee-related information, or incidents. The HR department is responsible for keeping employees' data updated and registering changes in their paychecks, benefits, leave balances, and personal records. It is also responsible for informing managers about incidents and issues reported by employees or business partners and managing insurance compensations, conflicts, and the working force.
The HR service request form should include important information about the requester, the purpose of the request and its severity, and a short description. Check out the following steps to write an HR service request form:
- Information about the requester - The form should include all relevant data such as the requester's name, company, position in the company, department, and contact data.
- Severity - To make sure your HR department is responsive and efficient, the requester should mention the request's severity. For example, incidents and leave requests should be addressed fast, while employee transfers and records can be processed later.
- Information about the request - The form should include the category of the request. You can have types such as information about the company, employee-related information, insurance compensations, and incidents.
- The request's description - A HR service request form should include a short description of the request. In the description, the requester should mention details about the request, such as:
- the employees' names for whom he/she asks for data
- information on the information she/he requests
- relevant dates for employee transfer, promotion, or job-related changes
- details about issues and incidents mentioned in the request
- Signatures – A HR service request form must include the requester's signature and the date of the request.
If you want a paperless office and your employees' well-organized records, we recommend you to consider LeaveBoard. Using our employee self-service, the employees submit HR requests, receive responses, access their work records, and manage their professional data. Our HR software releases the HR department of repetitive and time-consuming tasks and allows them to focus on more critical tasks. Sounds good? That's more! LeaveBoard is entirely free for businesses with less than nine employees.
What are you waiting for? Register for an account and boost the efficiency and performance of your team with our web-based HR app.
Download the HR Service Request Form