Employee attendance tracking involves knowing when the employees are at work or not and the reasons behind their schedule. It includes working days, part-time, vacations, public holidays, sick leave, and other types of working days and leaves.
If you want to manage all these situations using a single document for all employees (and you should), download this free Excel Employee Attendance Tracker right now.
Free Employee Attendance Tracker features
Our Employee Attendance Tracker is a time-saving and easy to use Excel spreadsheet. Personalize it according to your company's policy and add essential data such as the company's name and employee identification data, public holidays in your region, company-related holidays, and leave types.
Here are the essential features of our free employee attendance tracking solution:
- Works with customizable lists of employees and attendance categories
- Covers working days, part-time, vacations, public holidays, sick leave, and absence
- Compact calendar for 2021
- Changeable calendar so you can reuse the Employee Attendance Tracker template next year
- Customizable leave types
- Automatic computations for each attendance category, per month and per year
- Easy to add employees and visualize their situations
How to use our free Employee Attendance Tracker
An Excel-based Employee Attendance Tracker needs to be light and easy to use. As a result, we avoid adding unnecessary information and deliver a neat solution that saves you time and energy. Check out the following steps to configure your Employee Attendance Tracker and start using it.
- Download the free Employee Attendance Tracker and rename it to match your organization's standards.
- Go to the Employees worksheet and define your list of employees.
- Go to the January worksheet and select an employee for each row. If you don't have enough rows in the template, simply copy the last row as often as you need and select the employee's name.
- In the 2021 Totals, the sheet will automatically update the rows corresponding to the first ten employees. If your company has additional employees, copy the last row as many times as you need.
- In the worksheets corresponding to the rest of the months, the Excel spreadsheet automatically updates the first ten employees' names. However, if you need more than ten employees, you have to copy the last row as many times as you need.
That's it! You're ready to manage working days, vacations, and special leaves for all employees.
Tip: If you work with different PTO policies, you have to change the attendance codes (W, P, A, V, H, S) and update the formulas for monthly and yearly totals.
Download the Attendance Tracker Excel Template
Get the bigger picture with attendance tracking software
The workplace is changing rapidly, and your team needs to be able to adapt quickly. With LeaveBoard's attendance tracking software, you can automate the HR processes that matter most to your business—securely, in the cloud, effortlessly.